The Plantma-X is a machine that is adapted to Swedish conditions, scarifying with a disc, coping with many rocks in the ground, planting primarily spruce or pine in fairly small pots, distance between plants 1,6- 2 meters etc. etc.
Many parts of the world might have flat ground not so many rocks etc. and can therefore use a simpler machine, or another brand of forwarder, as a carrier for the planting unit.
Therefore we can offer the Planting Unit, the arms and the control systems, mounted in/on a frame, as a “Base kit”. This “Base kit” includes:
Hydraulics: The frame is delivered with all hydraulic valves that are needed to run the planting arms as well as an accumulator that reduce the peak-loads. All hoses that are needed from the valve banks are connected to the arms. What needs to be connected to the hydraulics of the carrier are 3 hoses for pressure, return/tank and drain line.
Compressed air: All necessary valves and hoses, as well as an air tank, are included in the frame.
Must be connected to the carrier.
Control system: All sensors are connected. The display and button pads can be included but need to be plugged into the system
What then has to be solved locally is:
- Scarifier or no scarifier? Naturally we can supply a Midiflex scarifier if needed
- How to feed the plants to the planting arms. We can supply the arms with the “cups” that feed the seedlings to the arm
- The cab for the operator of the planting device,
- The storage bin for the seedlings on the tractor and
- The crane to load the storage bin
The idea of us delivering the Planting Unit (with arms and control systems) and then having the Planting Unit mounted locally on a carrier of the customer’s choice has many advantages.as a package from us and then having the machine mounted locally has many advantages:
- The carrier can be of a preferred brand, or even manufactured locally, adapted to the local conditions and market expectations. There are many ways to configure the complete machine, scarifier / no scarifier, distance between arms, how to feed the plants to the arms, water for each plant (requires a big tank), fertilizer for each plant and so on.
- Much of the needed repair/service skills are available close to the machine as well as most spare parts.
The following specifications apply for the Planting Unit. If the machine is to be equipped with a scarifier, please see the manual for hydraulic needs for that equipment.
Plantma-X: Hydraulic system (Tree planter)
|Type:||Load sensing, LS line|
|Working pressure:||135 bar (net 105-110 bar + Dp/standby)|
|Average flow (2500 pl / h – 100% hit):||50 l / min|
|Average flow (2500 pl / h – 85% hit):||53 l / min|
|Max peak flow requirement / 1 planter:||100 l / min|
|Max peak flow requirement / 2 planter:||150 l / min|
|System loading:||Auto charging system accumulator via pressure sensor, 90 bar|
|Unloading:||Discharge of accumulator via drain valve when unloading|
|Hydraulic average power:||12 kW (2 planters)|
|Hydraulic peak power:||34 kW (2 planters)|
|Engine average power:||app. 15 kW (2 planters)|
|Engine peak power:||app. 42 kW (2 planters)|
Plantma X: Pneumatic system (Tree planter)
|System pressure:||7-8 bar|
|Flow consumption:||Max 750 l/min (free air delivery for 2 planters)|